as most of you know……
last week was my 29th birthday.
yes, last year in the “20′s”…….next year will be the BIG 3-0…..
and i’m not exactly sure how i feel about it……
there were moments this week, where i felt
and did i mention,
so i’ve decided to stop allowing the negative connotations get me down and to EMBRACE the great things about getting older!
i’ve decided to stop COUNTING the years as they tick away (much more quickly as you get order, may i say) and start CELEBRATING each year to its fullest.
i’ve decided to make a list of 30 Things I Want to Do Before I Turn 30:
1. Run a 5K
2. Ride on a roller coaster (or 10)
4. Take a photography class
5. Go see So You Think You Can Dance Live!’ (did this on saturday night!)
holy cow, this was so fun! thanks to jess and amy for going along!
6. Read through the entire bible
7. Get a massage (and not feel guilty about it)
10. Sew an entire outfit
11. Paint a picture on canvas
12. Send handwritten letters to my grandparents
13. Learn how to really swim
14. Grow the blog to at least double the readers we have now (200ish)
16. Paint a back splash in the kitchen
17. Redo my (and the kids’) bathrooms
20. Watch a play or musical
22. Throw a dinner party with friends
23. Go to a winery
24. Do a mini triathlon
26. Participate in a couple’s bible study
27. Buy an old piece of furniture and refinish it
28. Learn how to can food
29. Go on an all-girls weekend
i feel good about this list and think that all of these things are realistic goals.
you can be 29, 9, or 79—let’s celebrate this next year with joy, love for others, and encouragement to ourselves!
what do you want to do between your next two birthdays?