tonight is “book club” (i use that term loosely as i have NOT read the book, but desserts and girl talk are mandatory–books optional.)
i decided to whip up these cute, easy, and (don’t tell them, but also CHEAP) christmas gifts for my girlies.
1. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix recipe from Simple Organized Living (i didn’t use the powdered milk)
2. mason jar mugs (mine are from a small amish grocery store in indiana $0.59 each!)
3. canning jar lids (target about $3.00/12)
4. thin wrapping paper (target’s dollar section $1.00) OR fabric
5. gift tags (target about $3.00/12)
6. mini red ornaments (target’s dollar section $1.00)
7. Andes peppermint chips
8. chocolate chips
i just mixed the hot chocolate recipe in a baking dish, scooped 1 cup of the mixture into each jar, topped it with Andes peppermint chips, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. for the lids and decor, see the diagram below.
i included a tag giving instructions for preparation which were to “add 3 cups hot milk or 1/3 cup to 1 cup hot milk.” this is such a yummy mix and it tastes great in coffee too!