ooh, i’m so excited that many of you have told me you are using and loving the monthly menu guides!
they certainly help save my sanity and i’m glad they are working for you too!
HERE’s February’s menu guide (it can be adapted for your needs/recipes easily). make sure that you download it and save it to your computer and then you can add and change things however you like.
for february, there are lots of yummy and hearty soups, crockpot dinners, and of course some yummy pasta!
new this month—most of the recipes have links to their online recipe sources. (Pioneer Woman and Rachael Ray are my favs–as you will see!)
*if you are new around here and to the monthly menu guides, this is how it works for me:
1. Meal Categories List: I sort all my favorite old/new recipes into categories (ie: mexican, italian, crockpot, breakfast-for-dinner, etc)
2. Monthly Menu Guide: I pick 4 from each category and place them into the menu guide under that day with the matching category. this is so flexible, because you have all the ingredients for the meals, but you can decide which week of the month and which day of the week to actually make each meal.
3. Monthly Grocery List: I try to shop for all my staples/pantry items in one shopping trip at the beginning of the month (Aldi is so cheap, but also something like Costco or Sam’s club would work well too).
4. Plan for the week: Take one meal from each day and place it onto your weekly calendar. I usually pick up a couple of things like produce to complete the weekly menu, but most of the ingredients are already bought in my monthly shopping trip.
5. Cook and eat, and even save money: no worries each night about what you are going to make and you already have all the ingredients to make a ton of delicious meals for your family!
*more info and January’s meal guide can be found HERE.
you can find all of the Monthly Menu Guides anytime over there ——> by clicking this button!
i’m linking up with Menu Plan Monday @ Organized Junkie!