this blog community is such an interesting and encouraging place to be.
today, Brother snuck (is “snuck” not a word? why is my spell correct underlining it?….oh no, is this one of those things i never knew i was saying wrong like “dinner” instead of “lunch?”) downstairs into my craft area and somehow managed to twist off the lid to my green liquid jewelry cleaner.
i found him shortly after, but not before he had spilled it all over himself and the carpet.
not to worry, i quickly stripped off his clothes, gave him a quick bath and changed his poopy diaper (mother of the year award here, folks).
photo texture from Life N Reflection Boutique
not until after all of this did i consider the fact that he might have swallowed some of that horrid smelling liquid. i smelled his breath and sure enough…i thought i got a whiff.
insert—a brief moment of freaking out—
my first thought, though it should’ve probably been “what is poison control’s number?” was “what did michelle say she did when her son swallowed reed diffuser oil (i have NO idea what that even is) in a post from over a year ago!?”
yes, i googled “momma bird poison” and found the exact post. looked at her handy chart. gave him some milk and then called poison control.
i was thoroughly impressed with the wonderfully kind woman i got on the other line at poison control. she was calm and concise and didn’t make me feel like a dummy for allowing such a thing to happen. she said “give him some milk and monitor him.” she thought he probably didn’t drink much because it tastes so bad.
phew, i was relieved and thankful for that. Brother’s been completely normal all day and i’m pretty sure he didn’t drink much, if any. thank you, Jesus!
moral of the story: bloggers save lives.
i’m thankful for you, michelle and for all of you who write about important issues. you never know when in the midst of panic, your words will be the first to come to mind!
My NEW SPONSORS for July are up over there <—–
check them out and make some new friends!