as you read this, i am driving to IN for my good friend’s wedding. woot to the woot, Audg! i decided to repost this recipe from last fourth of july. stop reading and go make this ASAP. you won’t be sorry
originally posted 7/4/2011
i don’t know about you,……
but i’m loving all the red, white, and blue going around this weekend.
happy birthday, America!
in honor of the holiday weekend, i had to make a festive dessert.
WARNING: this recipe is so light, and delicious you might be tempted to eat the whole 9×13 (not saying i did or anything……)
sour cream cheesecake dessert:
2 8oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
1 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream
2 t. vanilla extract
8 oz. tub of cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)–dethawed
seasonal fruit: optional
18 graham crackers (crushed)
1/4 c. butter (melted)
1/4 c. sugar
1. combine crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter together and press firmly into the bottom of 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
3. fold in sour cream, vanilla, and cool whip
4. spread filling onto the top of the crust
5. refridgerate and allow to set
6. top with seasonal fruit, chocolate chips, or other toppings of your choice
enjoy and try not to eat it all in one sitting!