we are getting ready for a week at the beach with all of jon’s family.
there will be 5 kids under the age of 4, so i’m planning, ahead, some fun, summery activities in case they need a break from the beach and pool.
1. Shaving Cream body paint: from Mod Memento
Materials: shaving cream
2. Bubble art from Art is Basic:
Materials: food coloring, bubbles, paper
3. Sidewalk Chalk–i’m bringing the store-bought kind, but if you want to make your own, Oh My Handmade has the recipe!
4. of course there will be lots of sandman-building!
Materials: nothing but nature
5. Crayons, play dough, and stickers for any inside-time-boredom
Materials: crayons, markers, coloring books, stickers, play dough
this may be a long shot, but i think it would be super fun to try and make these t-shirts for all the kids to wear one night on the beach. photo op, anyone?
maybe, they will play perfectly with their cousins,
never fighting over toys,
or whining because they have sand in their ears.
maybe, they will take 3 hour naps every afternoon
and it will be sunny EVERY day.
then again, maybe NOT.
better to be prepared,—– that’s what i like to say!