like i said yesterday, the beach vacay is coming!
shorts are needed.
money is tightish.
teacher dress pants are just collecting dust in the closet these days.
turn those dress pants into shorts!
did i mention, there is no need to pull out the sewing machine?
this is so easy, i debated on whether or not it needed a tutorial. the thing is, if you are like me, you might be nervous to just start cutting apart your clothes. DON’T BE! this project turned these never-going-to-be-worn-again pants into something i can wear for a long time.
1. Old dress pants (mine are the beloved Editor pants from Express), but you could use jeans or whatever
2. Fabric scissors
2. Put them on
3. Mark the length that fills good when you have them on (go a little bit longer, because you will be rolling the ends)
4. Take off the pants and lay flat
5. Fold each leg in half to match the opposite sides and mark (this is to help your cut line be straighter)
6. Cut from one mark to the next making sure you have both layers of fabric and the leg edges are lined up
7. Repeat for the other side
8. Turn to the right side and roll up the bottoms (or you could sew along the outside/inside seams if you want. I didn’t sew and they look great!
9. Wear those bad boys around town!
Linking up today with Lindsay @ The Pleated Poppy