This post brought to you by Famous Footwear. All opinions are 100% mine.
Being a stay at home mom doesn’t exactly demand the wearing of heels on a regular basis. I wear them occasionally to church or out to dinner with my man, but I definitely don’t have the broken-in feet it takes to wear heels 9-5.
However, when I was asked to stand up with my dear friend, Audrey, in her wedding, I was beyond excited…….until I realized that her shoe of choice was a 3.5 in. RED HIGH HEEL (Touch of Nina Fencel Red Luster from Famous Footwear).
Don’t get me wrong, those babies made our legs look great and were the perfect pop of color. BUT, wow, my wider-than-the-average, flip-flop-lovin’ feet were NOT ready for all they had to “offer.”
Knowing this ahead of time, I googled “how to make high heels more comfortable” and I found three tricks that REALLY helped me survive the day:
1. A couple of weeks prior to wearing the shoes, wear damp socks with the heels and walk around in them. The moisture helps stretch the shoe and ‘break them in’ quickly.
2. Buy moleskin adhesive and apply to the insides of the shoes (especially where they rub the skin)–I got mine at CVS.
3. Buy padded arch inserts–mine were from CVS as well and worked wonders!
The moleskin was the best life-saver and I ended the day with not one blister. My arches were still hurting by the end of the day, but once I hit the so-numb-you-don’t-feel-pain stage, who really cares?
I love famous footwear and were so impressed with how fast they were able to ship my shoes to my house (because my gigantic foot size wasn’t in the stores) and how helpful the sales woman was for me. I was in and out in 15 minutes!
Lucky for me and for you, they are having a HUGE back to school deal where you can Buy 1, Get 1 half off AND get 15% off as well! Right now….so go ahead, click through and buy yourself a sexy pair of heels…..or don’t, these boots are calling my name as soon as my sandaled toes can’t handle the cold temps. Just print and redeem in-store between 8/2-8/18!
To get 20% off your order, you can join Famous Footwear’s FREE Rewards Program:
• Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend in-store or online
• Accumulate points to earn certificates up to $100 a year
• Discount offer just for signing up
• Other special inside discounts and perk