at the Sole Hope shoe-cutting party last week, we had a “design-your-own-pie” bar where the guests were able to choose their fillings, add-ons, and topping/crust options.
here’s how it went down:
1. pilsbury crust–cut into circles using a large mouth cup. i got 7 out of each pie crust.
2. fit into cupcake pans before the guest arrive.
3. set up the bar with multiple pie fillings, add-on like chocolate chips, nuts, sprinkles, and then crust/topping choices. for the crusts, i made strips of dough that they could criss cross, star cutouts, a crumble topping, and a whole top crust (another full circle of crust).
4. when guests arrived, they went through the pie bar and made their pies. to remember whose were whose, i made a simple pan map and just put their initials in the corresponding place.
5. glaze tops with crusts with an egg wash (1 yolk + a little water)
6. bake during the party at 425 for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
7. serve warm with ice cream!
this is probably best for a group of 20 or under and would make a fantastic treat for your book club, craft club or just night-in get together!