i can’t believe it’s been half a month since i last spent time on my little corner of the internet. i’ve missed you and thought i’d update you a bit on our summer happenings.
1. the bad pregnancy dreams stopped the day i posted about them (thanks for praying, friends!)
2. I’m now in my 34th week of pregnancy and feeling the aches and pains and tiredness that comes along with these final weeks. sleeping well is a thing of the past (though, i’m pretty sure God does this to us so that when we have waking infant, it seems like we are actually getting better rest than we are now).
3. Sister starts preschool in one month and i’m excited for her, but also nervous about how we are going to all adjust to the big change + a new baby around the same time.
4. My c-section is scheduled for September 13th and yes, that’s Friday the Thirteenth…..dun, dun, dun. Good thing we aren’t superstitious.
5. Jon painted our bedroom the most beautiful color of “gray owl” from Benjamin Moore this past weekend and i’m loving it! our room is so cozy and welcoming now—i may never leave!
6. Yesterday, Jon and I were so blessed to spend the most gorgeous Sunday afternoon together in DC along the Potomac River. We had a groupon for a river cruise and had delicious dumplings and asian food for lunch. it was such a sweet time spent with just the two of us and a way to sort of celebrate my birthday (which is in September around the time the baby is coming) and talk and dream about what our new family will be like upon her arrival. It seriously couldn’t have been a better day and I so appreciated my inlaws taking the kids and having a blast with them at the zoo!
7. Now, on to the more important things in life…….bachelorette finale time. who’s watching with me?!